Posts

Showing posts with the label tablebases

Checkers for Android: Endgames

Image
Now that Checkers for Android supports a position setup editor, analyzing textbook studies has become a lot simpler. This has increased the significance of the small built-in endgame tablebases of my app as well, as can be seen in the study below. Here, starting from what is known as the "first position" in checkers, Checkers for Android, playing with the black pieces, announces its inevitable loss in 30 moves!


RobboBases in Chess for Android

Image
Chess of Android supports setting up Nalimov, Gaviota, and Scorpio endgame tablebases on the SD card, but Robbobases were missing. Therefore, I added support for RobboTotalBases as well. I tested the setup with the UCI engine IvanHoe 999947c (modified slightly to relax file permissions when reading) and the /3 and /4 piece directories on the SD card. The engine reports

info string 66 RobboTotalBases registered with 2499 indici 0mb

and plays simple endgames flawlessly afterwards. The setup will be in the next release of Chess for Android.