Thursday, October 1, 2015
Sunday, May 3, 2015
Friday, January 16, 2015
A quick update right after the previous one to fix some issues with the new time controls and a few other issues. Improvements include.
- start clock on first move in tournament mode
- rigid check prior to sending engine's ponder move back
- eng-eng tournament corner case bug fixes
- cleanup logs option
- network socket engine bug fix (network version only)
- added more choices in time control
Friday, January 9, 2015
After some delay, I finally released version 5.0 of Chess for Android, available on Google Play or as direct download. New features include:
- Time control to define a chess clock for both sides with a choice between the number of moves between time control (possibly the full game), thinking time per time control, and an optional time increment per move.
- Double engine analysis lines during tournaments, especially useful with pondering on.
- Re-factored a lot of the engine handling code, with improved cleanup of hanging engines.
This is a relatively major release, so please let me know if you encounter any issues. Also, as usual, suggestions for improvements are welcome.