More UCI Support for Android

The UCI engine output is now presented in a slightly better format, where information is broken up into individual fields. Also, I have compiled BikJump v2.1 natively for Android, which is more elaborate multi-threaded bitboard-based engine that also supports the Nalimov endgame tablebases (with kind permission from Eugene Nalimov and Andrew Kadatch). I copied a few tablebases into the emulator's SD card and started the engine analysis. As can be seen in the screenshot below, the engine together with the probing code run fine on the Android emulator.

Comments

Bruno said…
I noticed the game seemed a bit stronger at the same setting over the last update.

It does seem to play pretty weakly as white though, fyi. Namely when I use my normal attack it starts moving the king around for no discernible reason. I'll try and save the game and give it to you when I see that next time.
Aart Bik said…
Yes, the built-in chess engine is just a simplified Java version of BikJump, which is one of the reasons I am investigating importing natively compiled UCI engines (such as the stronger natively compiled BikJumpv2.1, or much stronger third-party UCI engines). Feel free to send me a PGN anytime though.

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting Chess for Android to a Remote Server

Checkers Move Generation

Connecting with the DGT Board